Tokyo University of the Arts Admissions > MEXT Scholarship students
MEXT Scholarship students
In order to apply for the graduate program at Tokyo University of the Arts as a MEXT scholarship student, you need to be selected as a preliminary candidate by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General in your country. Submit your completed application form and supporting documents by registered express mail (e.g. EMS, DHL), and make sure to meet the deadline. It is not accepted if you miss the application deadline.
Chinese candidates who are selected as a preliminary candidate by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in China should contact the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in China for details about the application schedule regardless of the following deadline.
Application and Supporting Documents:
- A set of the photocopies of the documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General (description of educational background, certified academic records of the university attended, letter of recommendation from the university attended, and description of the field of study and study program, etc.)
- If you want to apply for the Graduate School of Fine Arts
Your Portfolio (In order to apply for the Aesthetics and Art History Course, you need to send your Research Summary.)→Necessary filing material list of each specialties of a postgraduate course of fine arts
- If you want to apply for the Graduate School of Music
Reference materials of your research field (Composition Score, Recording of your play or your Research Summary, etc.)
- Personal Statement: You may describe reasons for applying to our university. Please describe reasons for applying to a Professor as an academic adviser.)
- Questionnaire of Preparatpry Japanese Language Program (Format PDF)
- The Certificate of the Preliminary Selection Issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.
Please send the completed application form and supporting documents to the graduate school you are applying for.
◆ Graduate School of Fine Arts and Graduate School of Music, please send the documents to the following address;
Kokusai Kikaku Kakari, Kokusai Kikaku Section
Tokyo University of the Arts
12-8, Ueno-Koen, Taito-Ku, Tokyo, 110-8714, JAPAN
◆ Graduate School of Film and New Media, please send the documents to the following address;
KyomuKakari of Graduate School of Film and New Media,
Tokyo University of the Arts
4-44, Honcho, Naka-Ku, Yokohama-Shi, Kanagawa, 231-0005, JAPAN
All the completed application form and supporting documents must arrive at Tokyo University of the Arts no later than Thursday, August 31st, 2017.
- The screening result will be informed to each applicant as soon as it is decided by postal mail and E-mail from each graduate school.
Please submit it to Japanese Embassy as soon as the result reaches.
- In case you not decided your academic advisor, we recommend checking the teacher’s information on our website. Please write Professor’s name as an academic adviser in Personal Statement. It is not necessary to contact the academic adviser.
- If you are accepted by our school, you will begin your study in Tokyo University of the Arts as a (non-degree seeking) Research Student. You will have to accept entrance exam of your desired graduate school in order to become a regular (degree-seeking) student after you come to Japan.